Unless you work in the mining industry or you live in an area known to have high levels of radon, chances are you haven’t thought much of the dangers of exposure to this gas. One of the most common reasons a lot of average consumers aren’t that familiar with this gas and the deadly effects it can bring is because of its characteristics, or lack thereof.
Because humans cannot see, smell, or taste this radioactive gas that naturally forms through the decay of certain elements, it’s easy to think that it isn’t present in your home. However, it’s precisely this intangibility that makes it so dangerous.
Where radon is present
As a naturally occurring gas, radon is present nearly everywhere, because all rocks and soil, and even water, contain it. This means that people receive exposure to it on a daily basis, whether they are outdoors or indoors. Do note, however, that the dangers start when the gas accumulates indoors.
Radon in your home
Because your five main senses can’t determine its presence, having professionals carry out radon testing services in your Utah home is the only fool-proof method to establish just how much of this gas is in your property. Not only is this the most efficient way; it’s also the safest for everyone in your household.
Why you have to be concerned in the first place
The fact alone that radon is radioactive should already make you concerned about just how much exposure to it you get while inside your home. Keep in mind that radon exposure makes it to the list of the top causes of cancer in the U.S., just being second to cigarette smoking. It costs the country more than $2 billion in health expenses every year, but what’s worse is that it claims the lives of over 14,000 people every year.
Don’t put your life or the well-being of your loved ones at risk. Have your home tested for radon now to avoid the deadly consequences this gas brings.